Visit the main website
Author of the Faye Longchamp Archaeological Mysteries
Checkout Floodgates and the rest of the books!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sometimes, sausage-making is downright fun...


I'm working today.  Notice on the timestamp that today is Sunday.  Welcome to my life.  :-)

But I don't mind much, because I'm combing through the review copies for errors.  This is my last chance to put my hands on the text.  Any errors that I miss (and I know that I'll miss some), will go into the final books and be preserved for prosperity.  So this is not a low-pressure task.

Nevertheless, it's really fun to see the manuscript that left my hands as a run-of-the mill Microsoft Word file come back to me typeset and printed and bound into a plain-vanilla yellow cover.  For the first time, it looks like a "real" book.  It's a rush when the review copies land in my mailbox.  The only thing that beats it is that day when the final books with their beautiful covers land on my doorstep and fill the whole house with that new book smell.   Mmmm...gotta love that smell.  Just like sausage.  :-D

Let's look at that beautiful STRANGERS cover again. 



And, by the way, it's available for pre-order at Amazon here:
Strangers: A Faye Longchamp Mystery (Faye Longchamp Mysteries (Hardcover))

Amazon doesn't even have the cover yet, but by peeking here, you get a sneak preview. 

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Personal