Visit the main website
Author of the Faye Longchamp Archaeological Mysteries
Checkout Floodgates and the rest of the books!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Writing Tips for the Practical-Minded #17: Omit needless words

Yesterday, I directed you toward Strunk and White's timeless guide for writers, The Elements of Style.  The most famous dictum in that book, and one that most beginning writers of my acquaintance need to assimilate, is "Omit needless words."

Continuing to type after making that point would be oxymoronic, so I shan't.

2 comments:

  1. Sigh. This was supposed to appear tomorrow, but I am a failure at prescheduling these things. So you folks got a double-dose of sausage today and none tomorrow. My apologies. But I'll be home Monday, cooking up some fresh sausage and writing tips for y'all.

    ReplyDelete

 
Personal